Give some consideration to what Craig Groeschel, in his blog calls Signs of a Lukewarm Pastor:
A lukewarm pastor:
• Prays as much, or more, publicly than privately.
• Is almost exclusively dependent on others’ sermons to preach than directly hearing from God.
• Cares more about his church than The Church.
• Preaches about evangelism but doesn’t practice evangelism privately.
• Tolerates and rationalizes unconfessed sin.
• Preaches for the approval of people rather than the approval of God.
• Is overly sensitive to criticism.
• Harbors bitterness and unforgiveness.
• Reads the Bible to prepare sermons but not for personal devotion to God.
• Is jealous or critical of someone else that God is blessing.
What a list. Without question, there are a couple here that will convict even the best of Christians. Yet, it’s important for us as leaders to do inventories such as this in order to determine our “heat level”. Are we lukewarm? The Book of Revelation speaks to that quite clearly. We do not want God to spew us out!! Let’s work to be red hot in our relationship to Jesus and in our effectiveness in ministry.
Any thoughts? Feedback?