I recently read some of the top ways to know you are growing older. I still feel relatively young at 41 years old, but I find myself agreeing with many of these descriptions and seeing a little bit of myself in them.
How to know you’re getting older:
• You know all the answers but nobody asks you the questions.
• Your back goes out more than you do.
• You’re 17 around the neck, 38 around the waist and 106 around the golf course.
• You turn out the lights for economic rather than romantic reasons.
• Your mind makes contracts that your body can’t meet.
• You look forward to a dull evening.
• Everything hurts; and what doesn’t hurt, doesn’t work.
Time marches on.
Things change and so do we.
The world is spinning and changing so fast that the average person is incapable of really keeping up with it. All of this makes me so very thankful for the unchanging nature of Jesus. The Word of God tells us that “Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever.” Not only is this the scriptural motto of Foursquare churches worldwide (and found on the back wall of the WSFC Auditorium), but it’s our source of stability and security right here and now.
We will always find ourselves in seasons of change, but the constant point of reference we have is in our firm foundation; the rock that will not move: Jesus Christ.
Change is inevitable and Jesus is incredible.
Knowing this will help you grow older. It’s an important thought to remember when you discover that the little old gray haired lady you just helped across the street is your wife!